WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
"The team at Irwin Mitchell has a ‘pre-eminent reputation’ for travel personal injury work"
Legal 500 (2016)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is a complex of symptoms including lethargy, insomnia, depression and general malaise. It is long-term tiredness that does not go away with sleep, or rest, and affects everyday life. Some people appear to develop CFS after a viral or bacterial infection. Research has shown a link between IBS and CFS.
The main symptom of CFS is a new, severe fatigue that lasts for over six months and does not improve after rest. Even normal physical activity exacerbates the feeling of tiredness.
People who have CFS may also have other symptoms such as:
- Forgetfulness, memory loss, confusion, or difficulty concentrating
- Sore throat
- Tender lymph nodes in the neck or armpits
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain without redness or swelling
- Unrefreshing sleep (waking up feeling tired or unrested) or trouble getting to sleep
- Fatigue that lasts more than 24 hours after exercise, or exertion at a level that the person was previously able to manage without fatigue
Other symptoms may include:
- Feeling hot or feverish even though temperature may be normal
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Orthostatic hypotension, which causes light-headedness or dizziness as a result of a drop in blood pressure when standing or sitting up from a reclining position
Call us free on
0800 056 0066
"We were very happy with the outcome of our case, especially as we were initially offered nothing from the Tour Operator. Irwin Mitchell were very professional throughout and we are very happy with the outcome."
Chris and Michael, Worksop