"The team has so many contacts with foreign insurers and so many people with foreign languages that it is miles ahead of others."

Chambers and Partners (2014)

Accident Abroad

If you have been involved in an accident abroad, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

Holiday Claims, a service provided by Irwin Mitchell specialise in bringing claims for accidents sustained whilst overseas, be it on a family holiday or any other form of travel, on a no win no fee basis.

We have successfully fought claims for thousands of clients who have suffered an accident abroad, with claims ranging from road traffic accident claims through to sporting injuries and falls or trips in hotels or on board a cruise liner or whilst getting on or off an aircraft. This is not an exclusive list.  Contact us today if you have been involved in an accident whilst abroad and our expert team of dedicated specialists will be on hand to provide you with advice and assistance.

Millions of Brits head overseas every year on holiday, either as part of a package or as their own independent break but unfortunately, a large number suffer some sort of accident whilst abroad. If you are one of them, then we can provide you with the advice and support that you need to make sure that you get excellent compensation for your accident abroad.

What can I claim for?

We can advise you on a possible claim for almost any accident abroad. We have represented thousands of clients and secured large compensation settlements for a wide variety of different accidents, injuries and illnesses.

Some of the most common claims handled by us include:

  • Road Traffic Accidents Abroad.
    We can provide advice and support if you have been involved in a road traffic accident abroad. If you were a driver, a passenger or a pedestrian injured as a result of an accident involving a car, bus, coach, motorcycle, bicycle or any other form of transport, you should talk to us about making a claim. We have expert solicitors who have an in-depth knowledge of road traffic laws and regulations around the world, meaning that we can give you advice of the highest quality.
  • Trips & Falls whilst on Holiday.
    We have successfully secured compensation for a wide range of clients who have been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall. As one of the more common forms of accident suffered by people abroad, we can advise you on a claim for any form of fall or abroad that occurs in a public place, including hotels, bars, restaurants, airports or cruise liners.
  • Sporting Injuries.
    You may be able to  make a claim for any sports related accident abroad with us. Whilst an element of risk is accepted in sporting activities, many accidents result from inadequate facilities management or poor health and safety procedures. If this is the case, we may be able to take on your claim for compensation.

Will I have to make my claim in the country where the accident took place?

Even if you were involved in an accident in a foreign country, legislation now makes it possible to bring many holiday accident claims in the UK. It may be possible to secure a larger compensation payout by pursuing the claim in the UK. 

Our expert solicitors have an unrivalled knowledge of legal procedures across the world and we can advise you on the best place in which to bring your claim for compensation to ensure the best possible settlement.

Is there a time limit on when I can claim?

In most cases, time limits apply as to when you can make an accident abroad claim so get in touch with us immediately for an initial free consultation.

Make an enquiry...

Call us free on

0800 056 0066

"We were very happy with the outcome of our case, especially as we were initially offered nothing from the Tour Operator. Irwin Mitchell were very professional throughout and we are very happy with the outcome."

Chris and Michael, Worksop