WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY

"The team has so many contacts with foreign insurers and so many people with foreign languages that it is miles ahead of others."

Chambers and Partners (2014)

13 holiday makers receive over £90,000 after a stay at the Kilifi Bay Beach Resort, Kenya

Irwin Mitchell succeeded in recovering over £90,000.00 in compensation for 13 holidaymakers who stayed at the Kilifi Bay, Kenya during a Christmas holiday break. 12 of the 13 holiday makers became ill as a result of failings in food hygiene procedures at the hotel, suffering unpleasant symptoms including vomiting and diarrhoea.

The tour operator admitted liability and negotiations were entered into prior to reaching a Trial on the matter.

Joanna Miles, her husband and their daughter, Alexandra holidayed at the Kilifi Bay Beach Resort on an all inclusive package with First Choice Holidays & Flights Limited. On the second day of their holiday Alexandra became ill with gastric symptoms. Other guests experienced similar symptoms and the rest of Alexandra’s family fell ill shortly after she did. Just as Alexandra was recovering from her gastric illness on Christmas Day Alexandra received an electric shock from the poolside shower. Her mother Joanna heard her screaming in pain and ran to her aid.

Alexandra was awarded over £27,000.00 as a result of her suffering from a serious electrocution on Christmas Day whilst using the hotels poolside shower. Her mother, who witnessed her daughter being electrocuted, received over £25,000.00 in compensation. Both mother and daughter suffered post traumatic stress disorder.

« Back

Make an enquiry...

Call us free on

0800 056 0066

"I just wanted to send you a short note to thank you very much indeed to our solicitor for managing to settle this for me – it’s really very much appreciated. You did so in a very professional, helpful and efficient manner."

Stephen, London 

-