WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
"The team at Irwin Mitchell has a ‘pre-eminent reputation’ for travel personal injury work"
Legal 500 (2016)
Skorpios Marina Hotel, Majorca
£35,500 payout for British tourists who suffered severe gastric illness during their holidays at the Skorpios Marina Hotel, Majorca in 2000
Irwin Mitchell represented 15 clients who stayed at the Skorpios Marina Hotel in Majorca in June – August 2000. Failures in hygiene standards at the hotel led to 11 of them developing unpleasant gastric illness, and 3 of them were later confirmed to have been infected with salmonella and cryptosporidium. Fortunately the vast majority of the holidaymakers recovered from their illnesses within a month, but 2 of them developed long term Irritable Bowel Syndrome as a direct consequence of their holiday illnesses. The holidaymakers complained that the food served at the hotel often appeared to be reheated and served up on more than one occasion. Some of the food was undercooked and it was often unappetising.
Following an admission of liability from the tour operator JMC Holidays Ltd and settlement negotiations between the tour operator and Irwin Mitchell, the holidaymakers were awarded compensation totalling over £35,500. The tour operator also agreed to cover their legal costs.
Make an enquiry...
Call us free on
0800 056 0066
"We were very happy with the outcome of our case, especially as we were initially offered nothing from the Tour Operator. Irwin Mitchell were very professional throughout and we are very happy with the outcome."
Chris and Michael, Worksop