"Irwin Mitchell's impressive team consistently delivers the highest standards of client care."

Legal 500 (2013)

Salmonella Food Poisoning After Hotel Stay

James Fairbrother from Crewe has taken legal action following his holiday to the Hotel Kervansaray in Maramis, Turkey.

Mr Fairbrother has continuing gastric symptoms following his holiday in June 2008. Whilst at the resort he noticed poor food hygiene standards including cats wandering in the hotel eating area and food being reheated and recycled. He suffered from severe diarrhoea, stomach cramps and fever.

Following his return to the UK Mr Fairbrother was diagnosed with salmonella food poisioning.

After initial investigations into the claim, Thomas Cook Tour Operations have admitted liability for his pain, suffering and loss amenity subject to further medical evidence.

« Back

Make an enquiry...

Call us free on

0800 056 0066

"We were very happy with the outcome of our case, especially as we were initially offered nothing from the Tour Operator. Irwin Mitchell were very professional throughout and we are very happy with the outcome."

Chris and Michael, Worksop