What the experts say about us
The team is often involved in securing damages and compensation for those involved in mass outbreaks of illness or injury abroad... lawyers litigate on claims ranging from several thousand pounds to those of seven figures.
Chambers and Partners Directory (2007)
Smoke Inhalation caused by Faulty Air Conditioner at Hotel
Mrs R was on honeymoon in Mexico on 30 August 2005 at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico. She took an afternoon nap and was woken when her room became filled with smoke due to a faulty air conditioning unit.
Mrs R suffered smoke inhalation as a result of the faulty air conditioning unit. A faulty air conditioning unit caught on fire. Smoke alarms were fitted but on inspecting the same there was no battery fitted.
A claim was brought on behalf of Mrs R against Tradewinds Worldwide as the Tour Operator who supplied the holiday as a package. This matter was drawn out by Tradewinds failure to deal with the matter promptly, forcing applications to be made to disclose documentation. Mrs R’s claim was eventually settled for £5,000.
Make an enquiry...
Call us free on
0800 056 0066
I just wanted to send you a short note to thank you very much indeed Carla for managing to settle this for me – it’s really very much appreciated. You did so in a very professional, helpful and efficient manner.